Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Foolproof Loofah by Lee Ann Brown

       Can we all please accept that this poem is the best there is so far? The deep wonderful meaning it has..... joking. This poem is just a jumble of words, does one try to find meaning in this? No because there isn't any, zip, nada, and nonsense. But all this nonsense makes sense, contradiction? Get used to it. I tried to try and maybe see if there was some hidden message using pig Latin, holding it up to a mirror, nothing. Still the gibberish that makes this poem the winner for this section of reading. This woman is now my second favorite poet, true wonder! Applause I give to you Lee Ann, you saved poetry for me! Let's just throw in a simple "Lo, I fill prol pills!" Wasn't that just wonderful! No meaning, but true mastery of the poet form! Maybe someone of refined poetry taste actually see something from this wonderful thing.
       But alas I do NOT. I just love the fact this poem wasn't about love or death, which seems to be the only two writing prompts in poetry. But Lee Ann grew weary of this, she said " no! I will not become that type of poet! Nevermore? Summer day? Tambourine? No it shall be; Poof! I rail pro lolls!" The message of this poem? Just proof that not all poems are boring and repeating! Let's just say I might have fallen in LUB today. In reality I just loved the change of pace this poem gave me. Out of 18 poems, this one was an individual and just stayed in my mind, well atleast in the top three. I just thank you little Lee Ann for changing the beat, I was drowning in sadness and icky gushy mushy love poems. Thank you Lee and good night to you.

3 comments:

  1. May I just say: THIS POEM MAKES NO SENSE. But it truly is all about the sounds, the rhythm and the rhyme... Without these factors this poem won't be art or cool, just a worthless bunch of words. The only line I could really make sense of and pull any meaning from was "Fool! I ill for lips". It seemed that maybe the speaker is in need of physical connection and there for is have a... stroke? I don't know. I also noticed the word "pill" quite often and the word "pale". Maybe the speaker is a crazy person who takes pills to attempt to control it all and due to this insanity, she proofs oil spills. Oh heaven only knows, I'm just trying to make something out of it. But hey, there is no wrong answer when it comes to poetry, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Joella it doesn't really make sense. I thought this poem was kind of like the author trying to play a joke for April Fools on us the readers because the poem is just so random and chaotic. But yes, it is truly about the sounds, rhythm, and rhyme. Although I didn't think the rhyme scheme was consistent, there definetly is rhyming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fool! I ill for lips = kiss me you idiot?
    O pale! I foil frail profs = step back! I wreck weak profits (writers)?
    So! I proof oil spills = i check over my meager scriblings (oil spills) for a living, what of it!?!?
    **Its what i gathered from those particular lines, nothing more

    ReplyDelete